Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Time Flies

It seems like yesterday that Playette was an only child and I would wonder what her life with a sibling could be like. We had nearly five years as a family of three.

And then there he was. Late, big, loud. All things that were new and different. Exciting and intimidating.

He challenges me. He scares me. He surprises me. He loves me. (He told me so!)

This whole raising a child who lacks a diagnosis? Mind boggling. I have so many things to say about it, but then I wonder if only parents who first had an only child with Ds will be able to relate. 

It's different. Not better or worse, but so entirely not the same.

I often wonder if it is girl/boy, first/second, M/D, 47/46...

Who knows.

They're unique, obviously.

This second born boy of mine named Dez with 46 chromosomes has been rocking our world for 18 months now. 

Wow. Just wow.

Love him.