Sunday, October 27, 2013

Final Stretch

I can't believe it's already the 27th. 

Usually, by this time in 31 for 21, I would have posted at least once about not having any ideas or would have been asking for suggestions.

I don't know if it's different this year because life is so crazy or what. It feels like I've just had plenty of things to talk about. Or, maybe I'm just a lot more relaxed about sharing what's on my heart?

Nothing earth-shattering to report tonight. We stayed busy this weekend, as usual. Friday, BD and I went to a social meeting hosted by our homeowners association. 

Saturday morning, Playette had cheerleading practice and I went on my first long run in quite some time. After those two activities were completed, we all piled in the car and went to a college football game. The kids had a great time tailgating. Dez was not happy being confined to a seat, so after the first half I just walked circles with him around the stadium, hoping he would eventually fall asleep.

He didn't, but no worries. It was still a nice afternoon.

Playette, on the other hand, did fall asleep at the tailgate party and we recognized that something must be amiss so we came home shortly thereafter.

She went right to bed, but gave us a courtesy call at 2 AM, letting us know that we had some cleanup work to do. She hardly ever gets sick, so it's hard to complain.

This morning, our wonderful sitter came over so that BD and I could go cheer for the Marine Corps Marathon participants. I had a great time and was happy to be able to be there for some people I know personally, in addition to approximately 30,000 strangers. The energy was amazing and I may have shed a few tears.

I was super excited for them all, but I still don't want to run a marathon.

Speaking of running, I've been doing okay lately. I haven't stayed as consistent as I would like, but I am making improvements along the way. I have a 5K coming up on November 2 and a 10K on November 9. That will do it for 2013 for me. It's already time to start planning for next year.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get the chance to set up a team for the IDSC Grow With Us Campaign. When I'm done, I will post a link here so you can read more about it.

I cannot thank you all enough for following along on this journey. I know sometimes I'm quiet, and other times I'm boring, but I appreciate each and every one of you and your support. 

I'm tired, so now that the kids are in their beds and no one is screaming, I think I'll crack open one of our 96 treasure chest beers and hang on the couch with BD for a bit.

Until tomorrow…


1 comments:

krlr said...

Well, if any of your plans include the mid-west, lemme know!